The deadline for this grant program has passed.
As a Regional Arts Organization, South Arts is in a unique position to encourage and support engagements that cross state lines. We believe in the benefits of block-booking, and would like to see an increase in tours in our region. We encourage presenters from multiple states to collaborate with each other to block-book artists.
A Block-Booked Tour application requires a minimum of three presenters from at least two states in South Arts’ region. For the purpose of these guidelines, a block-booked tour is when the artist/company does not return home between engagements/bookings on the tour; the tour must occur over consecutive dates. We will accept applications from blocks with non-consecutive dates among applicants if documentation of the block-book tour (involving additional presenters who are not applicants) is provided by the artist’s agent or manager (please contact Nikki Estes at 404-874-7244 ext. 16 to discuss these conditions).
Each applicant of the block-booked tour will be required to submit an online application and signed letter of intent or contract for the artist/company. The panel will review each application and determine whether to support the entire tour. All of the Regional Touring guidelines and narrative instructions apply.
In addition to each presenter submitting an eligible and complete Regional Touring: Block-Booked Tour application, each Block-Book consortium must also follow these instructions. The team of presenters must select a lead presenter. The lead presenter is required to submit online the Participating Presenters List as part of their application, and upload the artist/company materials and artist/company work sample for the team.
Each Regional Touring: Block-Booked Tour applicant is required to submit online the following:
- Proof of government status (if applicable)
- Letter of intent or contract between the artist and the presenting organization stating the services (including the educational component), date(s) and fee (signed by both parties)
- Supplemental document (optional)
- Other support material (e.g., reviews, letters of support, or brochure) directly related to the application may be submitted. Do not include audio, video, or other electronic samples. Supplemental document should not exceed five (5) pages, unless the document is a publication.
- Readiness plan
In addition, the lead presenter is required to submit the following:
- Participating Presenters List for the consortium
- Artist/company support material – company history or artist biography on behalf of the consortium
- Audio or video sample – a representative work sample for the artist/company on behalf of the consortium
The complete online application must be submitted by 11:59 PM ET, Monday, March 9, 2015.