The deadline for this grant program has passed.
In our continued effort to enhance Southern arts organizations' capacity through technical assistance and resources, South Arts with support from the National Endowment for the Arts will offer a limited number of professional development travel subsidies for nonprofit presenting arts organizations in our nine-state region to attend the 2013 Performing Arts Exchange (PAE), September 23-26, 2013 in Nashville, TN. This program will provide financial support for conference expenses. Applicants can request funding up to $950 (up to $450 for registration and up to $500 for travel expenses). Awarded funds are disbursed on a reimbursement basis only.
Eligibility, Guidelines, and Policies
- Only nonprofit and governmental presenting organizations in South Arts' nine-state region are eligible to apply. South Arts' nine-state region includes Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee.
- Only NEW (first-time) PAE presenter participants, or presenters who have not attended PAE since 2008 are eligible to apply. Participation is defined by organizational participation (not individual participation). For example, if you have never attended PAE but a representative from your organization attended in 2010, you are NOT eligible to apply.
- All applicants must have a DUNS number. Applications will not be accepted from organizations that do not have a DUNS number. More about DUNS numbers and how to get one >>
- Presenters who have failed to submit final reports for any previous South Arts grant by the application deadline for this program will not be considered for funding in this grant cycle.
- Applicants are required to attend the full conference, Monday, September 23, 2013 through Thursday, September 26, 2013. Applicants are required to attend the New Colleagues Session on Monday, September 23, 2013.
- Individuals who have already registered for PAE are NOT eligible to apply.
- Grants are NOT transferable to other individuals. All changes must be discussed with South Arts before the conference. Awards may be revised or revoked in light of such changes.
- Grant awards require at least a 2:1 match (for example, a $950 grant requires a match of $475). Your match can include in-kind expenses such as your salary/time for attending the conference. Grant awards are subject to funding availability.
- The minimum grant request is $250.
Are You Ready to Submit Your Application?
Complete your application and mail the required materials as detailed below. Applicants are encouraged to contact Nikki Estes, Program Director, at 404-874-7244 ext. 16 to discuss eligibility prior to submitting an application.
Applications must be RECEIVED by 5:00pm (Eastern Time) on Tuesday, July 9, 2013. Applicants will be notified of funding decisions by email on July 16, 2013. South Arts strictly adheres to deadlines and will NOT accept applications that are late, faxed, incomplete, or illegible. Deadlines are not extended due to inclement weather. Applicants must agree to the Assurance of Compliance prior to submission.
Get the application form >>
Applicants are required to mail the following:
|Mail materials to:
1800 Peachtree Street, NW, Suite 808
Atlanta, GA 30309