Please carefully read and follow these instructions. If you do not comply as specified, your organization could risk losing funding and future funding eligibility. If you have any questions, please contact Jessyca Holland at 404-874-7244 x823.
- Review Terms and Conditions
Download the Terms and Conditions for your Micro Accessibility Grant for Fiscal Years 2023.
- Transition from DUNS to UEI
Grant recipients for programs supported by the National Endowment for the Arts (including Micro Accessibility Grants) will need a Unique Entity Identifier (UEI). Review our instructions on obtaining a UEI and begin your process today.
- Notify us if your project changes
If your project changes, submit your request for a grant change. Any changes in the project must be requested through the Request for Grant Change form. Your request is due at least 30 days prior to the project start date. Awards may be revised or revoked if changes are unacceptable. Unless there are special circumstances, a request to change an artist/company is rarely accepted and approved (please contact Jessyca Holland at 404.874.7244 x823 to discuss these conditions).
- Use credit lines and logo
It is required to give South Arts and the National Endowment for the Arts appropriate credit in your programs and publicity materials. You must use both logos in your publicity materials (copies must be included with your Final Report). For all print materials and electronic marketing (i.e., brochures, programs, flyers, websites, and other promotional materials), the following credit line should be used:
“This presentation [or other activity] is funded in part by a grant from South Arts in partnership with the National Endowment for the Arts and [your State Arts Agency].”
Download the logos
- South Arts logo (You may download the South Arts logo in multiple formats as well as brand guide on our Logo & Brand Guide page. Please note that South Arts updated our logo in May 2020.)
- National Endowment for the Arts logo (Please note that the National Endowment for the Arts updated their logo in December 2018.)
NOTE: Grantees should remove the credit line and logos from their publicity materials after the grant period.
- Write Your Legislators
We require that you contact your federal elected officials (Senators/Congresspersons) to inform them of the South Arts and National Endowment for the Arts support of this project. Many federal officials prefer to receive constituent correspondence via email and/or through their official Website (officials and their contact information can be found at www.votesmart.org). You may also choose to send a hard-copy letter on your organization’s letterhead. Confirmation that you have emailed or sent them hard-copy letters is required in your Final Report Form.
Below is an example of a letter that we feel expresses our partnership goals. Please use this letter as a reference when writing your own letters. All grantees are required to contact their federal elected officials to acknowledge them for appropriating the funds for these grants and to inform them of the project activities and community impact.
- Submit Your Final Report
The Final Report Form, completed in Salesforce and all support materials are due within 30 days of the completion of your funded engagement. We are transitioning from the use of a Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) Number to a new Unique Entity Identifier (UEI). The UEI is issued at no cost through the federal System for Award Management website (SAM.gov). This new UEI is required of our grant programs supported by the National Endowment for the Arts and must be included in your final report. Learn more here.
Any organization that fails to write their legislators and submit the Final Report, along with promotional materials uploaded to Salesforce, will have their funds rescinded and will not be eligible to apply for funding in the future.
South Arts is required to collect and report location data from grantees. You will need to provide the location (i.e., street address, city, state, and zip code) for EACH activity supported by our grant funds in the Final Report Form. Please plan for this requirement so that you are able to complete your report. Grant funds will not be processed if you fail to provide the requested data.
- Review Grant Payment Process
You can receive your grant funds by a mailed check or Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT). To receive your grant funds by ETF, please follow the instructions and complete this form.
Final payments are processed after the completion of the project and receipt of the Final Report Form.
You are allowed to request an advance payment, up to 80% of your total grant amount. The remaining 20% will be allocated upon receiving and approving your final report. Please allow 30 – 60 days for all grant payments.