- Who is eligible to apply?
- When is the application deadline?
- What are some of the project requirements?
- What is the maximum request?
- Is a cash match required?
- How many applications can be submitted?
1. Who is eligible to apply? Nonprofit and government presenting organizations in South Arts’ nine-state region (AL, FL, GA, KY, LA, MS, NC, SC, TN) are eligible to apply. South Arts does not accept applications from fiscal agents.
2. When is the application deadline? Deadlines vary based on the grant program. The deadlines for Regional Touring and Regional Touring: Block-Booked Tour applications are in March. The deadline for Literary Arts Touring applications is in May. The deadline for Presenter Assistance applications is 60 days prior to the activities.
3. What are some of the project requirements? Eligible projects must take place in South Arts’ nine-state region (AL, FL, GA, KY, LA, MS, NC, SC, TN). Projects must include a public performance or reading, AND an educational component. A presenter cannot request funding for an artist/company/writer who resides in the presenter’s state.
4. What is the maximum request? Regional Touring and Regional Touring: Block-Booked Tours – 50% of the artist fee, up to $7,500 (dance projects) or $5,000 (all other performing arts projects). Literary Arts Touring – 50% of the writer(s) fee, up to $2,500. Presenter Assistance – 50% of the the travel expenses, up to $700. Generally an applicant can receive no more than $15,000 per South Arts fiscal year.
6. How many applications can be submitted? Regional Touring – one (1) per fiscal year; Regional Touring: Block-Booked Tour – one (1) per fiscal year; Literary Arts Touring – one (1) per fiscal year; Presenter Assistance – one (1) for each grant type per fiscal year.
- How do I register to use this system?
- I am a registered user. How do I log onto the system?
- How do I change my password?
- How do I add a new form?
- How do I complete a form?
- How do I contact an administrator?
- Where are the guidelines for this form?
- How can I view a summary of the work I’ve completed so far for a particular form?
- How do I make changes to a form?
- How do I delete a form from my list?
- How do I submit my form once it’s completed?
1. How do I register to use this system? To register on the system, visit southarts.egrant.net and select hyperlink, “To register as a new eGrant.net user, click here >>”
3. How do I change my password? At the top right of any screen within the system, select the hyperlink of your organization’s name. You can change your organization name, password, contact name, and contact email address from this page.
4. How do I add a new form or start a new application? Click one of the available applications under the “Opportunities” menu on the left side of your screen. You can then begin completing your application, using the Save icons at the top and bottom of your screen to save your progress.
5. How do I complete a form? Select the grant form on the Drafts page and click the “Edit” icon at the top of the page. Click “Next” at the top and bottom of each page to move to the next page. If you’d like to quit and continue working on the form later, click “Save” before logging out of the system. When you log back onto the system later, you can click the form’s “Edit” icon and continue completing the form.
You can also access any section of the form by selecting the section name from the left menu of the form. Be sure to save your work on the current page before clicking on another section tab.
6. How do I contact an administrator? To contact an administrator via email, first click “Save” at the top or bottom of the page, select the “Home” icon on the top left of your page, select the appropriate grant program, and click the “Contact” icon at the top of the page. Your default email program should then open a new composition window with an address in the recipient field.
7. Where are the guidelines for this form? If the form has guidelines, select the appropriate grant program form on the Home page, and click the “Guidelines” icon at the top of the page. If there is no “Guidelines” icon, please contact an administrator for the guidelines.
8. How can I view a summary of the work I’ve completed so far for a particular form? From the Home page, select the grant form and then click the “View” icon at the top of the page. A PDF of your form will open and you can print it by selecting “Print” from the File menu.
9. How do I make changes to a form? To make changes to a form, select a grant program form and click the “Edit” icon at the top of the page and you will be taken to the main form page. From here, you can view information about the form, make changes, or submit the form.
10. How do I delete a form from my list? Select the grant program form and then click the “Delete” icon at the top of the page. After confirming the deletion, the form will be removed from your list of open forms. You will not be able to delete forms after submission; only forms located in Drafts can be deleted.
11. How do I submit my form once it’s completed? After reviewing your completed form, go to the Home page and select the form you wish to submit. Click the “Edit” icon at the top of the page. You can either walk through each step of the process to review your work by clicking “Next” until you arrive at the Submit page, or you can use the left menu of the form to select the appropriate section. Be sure to click the “Submit” button. The system will not allow you to submit an incomplete form, and you will be instructed to go back and fill in any missing information. Once you submit the form, you will receive a confirmation email.